1st Step: INTRO SESSION [schedule at right] →
2nd Step: FOLLOW UP INSTRUCTION sessions
3rd Step: SEE A NaProTECHNOLOGY DOCTOR after 2 cycles or 60 days
1st Step: Introductory Session 1 & 1/2 hours 3 options
(Attend as a couple. Teens welcome w/ parents) Creighton Model’s scientific foundations of anatomy and physiology for an individual man or woman, and for a couple reviewed. Applications to various reproductive situations: breastfeeding, infertility, subfertility, post Pill, postpartum, long cycles, PMS, depression, ongoing discharge or heavy bleeding, postmiscarriage and premenopause are reviewed. Learn how to make daily observations and what is covered in follow up instructional session. A shared system, the couple is encouraged to take roles in family planning responsibilities, with a focus on building intimacy, in addition to the chart’s accuracy. See the “2nd Step”, below, for full course of instruction.
1. Holy Cross Hospital locations ( see @ right) – FREE
2. Mailed – $8
3. Private Intro (in person or LIVE online) – $60
- 4-5 basic ( 45 min. to 1 hr. ) follow up sessions over 1st 2 months ( every other week) for about 2 cycles or 60 days charted. Enough to bring to a NaProTECHNOLOGY doctor for review of women’s health concerns.
- 3 more follow up sessions every few months, completes a year’s educational training.
- This completes a total of 8 sessions within the first year with flexible scheduling, of private, confidential, personalized educational experience.
- Appointments often set one at a time. Materials kept contingent on attending follow up sessions.
- $60/ hour session
3rd Step: MAKE APPOINTMENT TO SEE A NaProTECHNOLOGY doctor ( see link above)
NaPro doctors like to see a patient for evaluation after 2 cycles or 60 days charted. You may of course see one of these doctors for a consult and health review and physical exam to become a patient to facilitate issues which may surface during those 2 cycles as you are charting and beginning observations. Dr. Thomas Hilgers, MD the founder of this whole system ( in videos below) also receives consults
- Ask if they cover OUT OF NETWORK , diagnosis code: ” instruction in NFP” Z30.02 ( try Z30.09 if the Z30.02 isn’t accepted) and CPT codes 99404, 99403. If not, ask if they would cover it IN network.
- Call/ email me metroDCfertilitycareRN@gmail.com if they don’t cover OUT OF NETWORK. There are other options.
- Receipt provided for record keeping &/ or insurance reimbursement.
- Call the woman’s insurance and ask if the doctors @ the Tepeyac Center are covered under your insurance ( only 1 doctor is needed to confirm coverage.) Here’s the founding doctor: Dr. John Bruchalski, OB/GYN. These doctors do accept all insurances except Tri-Care and Kaiser, unless it’s under Kaiser Select or a select plan in Tri-Care. Call to confirm. I can put you in touch w/ families who have been covered under Tri-Care.
- Ask if they cover well woman care AND instruction in NFP : diagnosis code ” instruction in NFP” Z30.02 and CPT codes 99404, 99403
- Print forms for New PatientPacket- non pregnant, under FORMS www.tepeyacfamilycenter.
com and send to them or drop by their office. AS WELL: send copy of your insurance card front and back, and ID, or again, visit to have them scan your cards into their system.
Having used natural family planning methods, over the past 20 years through periods of infertility, breastfeeding through months of having no cycles, and regular cycles with confusing signs, I’ve loved the journey of learning about myself, and learning gratitude for the mentors who’ve taught me. The struggles of loneliness, and tears of frustration with fertility signs seemingly popping up in surprising places on my chart have come my way. They are gone now. Gone are the loneliness and frustration. The cycles with no sense have evened out. But each couple or woman who presents with a lack of energy to chart, or with the deep desire to find out more of their body ‘s working brings such a sense of commaraderie and awareness of the present moment of that certain couple or woman I speak with. Let’s find that niche of comfort with your fertility, and energy to get to the root of whatever you’re seeking!
Fertility Awareness & Family Planning
Holistic fertility awareness and normal vs. abnormal menstrual cycle awareness for use by teen girls through the menopause allows for comprehensive women’s health, and family planning for couples. This is based on charting fertility signs. Subfertility and infertility support are offered. Enhance your fertility signs naturally can bring a sense of empowerment, too.
Women’s Health or Mother / Daughter Program
Women, teens and girls receive education and counseling in a single, couple or parent/ daughter centered environment, private and tailored to her personal fertility signs. Thorough and personalized fertility tracking for use in GYN care for testing and evaluation of underlying causes of painful or irritating symptoms within menstrual cycles. Risks identified for PCOS, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, low progesterone, unfulfilling sexual experiences, depression or rage patterns, even within part of a cycle, and more. Information can be given to a personal physician or health care provider for cooperative hormone analysis and treatment.
Marriage Prep talks offered as well! See our tab on marriage prep above! Great article on LIVING TOGETHER BEFORE MARRIAGE!